|Our Writing Effective Business Letters course teaches you how to communicate clearly and effectively in business letters. It explains the basic skills necessary to be so clear you cannot be misunderstood, and then applies that to different types of letters.
Your program contains assignments, practice activities, and written competency exams. Similar to how college classes work, you do your assigned work on your own, then submit it to your instructor, who grades, comments upon, and returns the assignment to you. The instructor will coach you in this way until you master the skills. FYI, your instructor is also available via email or phone.
This course teaches you how to:
- Decide your purpose and audience
- Organize your writing
- Write so your readers cannot possibly misunderstand
- Use words and sentences that readers understand easily
- Convey your message in as few words as possible
- Edit and proofread your writing
- Apply the skills to letters of request, persuasion, and response
- Apply the skills to good news and bad news messages
How To Access Your Course:
This course has approximately 16 hours of study. You may complete lessons at your own pace, as long as you finish them within four months from date of registration. Instructions for accessing your course materials, plus your Instructor's contact information, will be emailed to you within two business days of registration.